The Cheesy Cracker

A daily blog of my life as a computer geek/security expert. Note: Some stories may be fictional based on the author’s Benedryl induced coma at the time of writing.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chain Letters Rule SUCK!!!!!

Why do people insist on filling my inbox with chain letters?

“If you don’t send this chain letter back to me it means you don’t love me”

There must be a lot of people that think I don’t love them anymore.

“I sent this letter to only my very special friends; I would hope you would return it to me to show me how much of a friend I am to you.”

No, a very special friend would have deleted it and saved me the misery of having to open something I thought was from a very special friend but has now been added to my hate spam list for wasting the last 2.6 seconds of my life I will never see again.
Can you send a chain letter to get my 2.6 seconds back, huh?

Can you? I didn’t think so.

“If you don’t send this to ten people in the next ten minutes 10 people around the world will die.”

I call this Gods natural selection in life, who am I to interfere, and maybe just maybe I will get lucky and God will pick the originator of this letter to be one of those lucky ten people.

“Send this to 50 people in the next 24 hours to have good luck the rest of the week.”

50 people…..hmmmmm…..I know this may come as a surprise to some but I don’t even have 50 people I could send this to……(place sarcasm here). I suppose if I added up all my old email addresses I could send it to myself 50 times. I’m not sure which is more sad, the fact that I don’t have 50 people in my address book to send it to, the fact that I actually for 1 second (now I am up to 3.6 seconds of my life wasted) thought to send this garbage to other people, or that I actually have more old email addresses than people in my address book.

“Send this to ten people you care or a little girl will die in a third world country.”

Ok, ok I’m pretty sure I will not be the cause of a little girls death in a third world country because of a piece of shit chain letter filling my inbox, but if for some act beyond the God’s of email I am because I didn’t send this chain letter out to other people, are you going to pay my therapy bills for the next 10 years for the guilt I feel for causing such damage? Are you going to help me through rehab because I am so afraid to go near a computer now “because they can kill people with email”. Yeah I didn’t think so.

“Send this to 15 people to enlarge your penis. And if you really care about the size of my penis you will send this back to me.”

Ok, I sent this one out…….why is no one sending it back to me????.......oh…….I see.

Here’s a chain letter for you, “Send this letter to anyone and your inbox will be filled with spam, your dog will piss on the carpet, you will be stuck in rush hour traffic, your boss will demand more work in less time, the pop machine will eat you money, the shopping cart in Wal-Mart’s parking lot will roll into your car, it will rain, or not, someone will die…….eventually……”

And for any of you who any one of these things happened to you, now you can blame it on my stupid chain letter.

I’m still waiting for you to send the penis enlargement one back to me………anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page